Sussex Roof Repairs | Sussex Roofer | Flat Roofers
Ernie Mew & Sons Ltd - Sussex Roofing Company
About Our Roofing Company
40 years ago by Ernie Mew the company has developed gradually into a complete family business. Reliability, professionalism and above all a sense of pride in our work has been at the forefront of the company's desire to deliver the very best quality of work to householders and commercial housing development companies alike.
The company is now run by Ernie Mew's two sons, Dave and Kev, forming the operational end of the business. The family aspect does not stop there as their wives, Tina and Claire, run the office at Clanfield and undertake the financial accounts. All our tradesmen are skilled and have many years' experience. They all play their role in providing the very best roofing service to their customers and who in turn recommend the company unreservedly. Positive feedback is highly important to their roof company as it provides recommendations that will enhance future work opportunities, therefore customers can be reassured that every roofing job that is undertaken is completed to the highest standards. Our customers are our future.
If unforeseen elements do occur then Ernie Mew & Sons Ltd is fully insured for every eventuality and as a further guarantee the company is a member of "Competent Roofer", which further enhances the guarantees that every roofing job undertaken brings by bringing increased customer safeguards.
Ernie Mew & Sons Ltd covers all areas of Sussex including Chichester, Petworth, Bognor Regis and Arundel. Recent projects have seen a diverse range of roofing styles and challenges ranging from stately homes to modern commercial housing projects. No matter what the age of your property the expertise in roofing and associated build areas will bring to the initial discussion a wealth of experience and knowledge. We pride ourselves on being the best in the roofing trade and from the feedback and repeat business that we get backs up that assessment.
- New Roofs: We will fit a new roof to new house builds to the specification detailed or discuss the options available in roof tile
types, including advantages/disadvantages, as well tile costs. Prices will include all aspects of the build such as barge board styles, guttering, fascias and roof linings. Sometimes it is more economical to remove the old roof tiles and felt covering so as to allow the roof shell to be updated with a new weather proof lining and battens, before fitting the best of the old tiles and replacing any damaged roof tiles with identical type.
- Retiled - Repair Roofs: Most of our work consists of wear and tear and assessing storm damage to roofing and providing a quick and efficient repair service in line with the customer's requirements. The cost and amount of roof repair is significantly affected by the age of the house and sometimes it is more economical to remove the whole roof and re-line and batten using most of the original, reusable, tiles. All aspects of cost are discussed with the customer with their affordability aspects in mind.
- Flat Roofing: Flat roofs have a short life expectancy compared to tiled roofs. However, modern materials are fast improving the longevity of flat roofs and the type and cost will be discussed with the customer as part of the assessment. Unlike tiled roofing, flat roofs often reveal additional problems once the roof has been stripped down in preparation for the work therefore, we will discuss at every stage the requirements and keep the customer fully informed of the work.
- Chimney Repairs: Chimneys are often a cause of leaking roofs as the lead flashing becomes weather worn with time or the brickwork, which is in the most exposed area of any house at the top of the roof,
breaks down and becomes porous or the pointing deteriorates over time and starts to leak. Quick first aid repairs can sometimes be achieved however, a full removal of the chimney will require the use of scaffolding, which will incur additional cost.
- Guttering: We can help you find the best value and rates for your new home loan.
- Soffits - Fascia - Cladding: We can assist with finding the right insurance company and policy for your new home.